Abhay | Post Date : 15-Dec-2019
The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has issued a clarification regarding the subsidy applicable for rooftop solar installations by individual residential households under phase-II of grid-connected rooftop solar program. In its official memorandum, the MNRE states that subsidy under Phase-II of the grid-connected rooftop solar program will be available to all eligible households for installation of rooftop solar as per regulations of respective State Electricity Regulatory Commission (SERC) and provisions of program implementation guidelines. According to the MNRE statement, rooftop solar installations up to 3 kW will qualify for a subsidy of 40%. For rooftop solar installations above 3 kW, and up to 10kW will get a subsidy of 40% for the first 3 kW and 20% for the remaining capacity, and for installations above 10 kW, it is 40% for the first 3kW and 20% for the remaining 7 kW. However, there’s no subsidy beyond 10 kW capacity.
In July 2019, MNRE notified new benchmark costs for grid-connected rooftop solar power projects for the financial year (FY) 2019-20. For projects with a capacity of above 1 kW and up to 10 kW, the benchmark cost was set at ₹54 (~$0.79)/W..
For a capacity of 1 kW, the applicable subsidy is at the rate of 40% which amounts to ₹20,000 (~$277). For 2 kW solar installations, the applicable subsidy is ₹40,000 (~$555). For a 3 kW capacity, the subsidy is ₹60,000. For installation capacity of 4 kW, the subsidy is calculated at 40% for 3 kW and 20% for the balance of 1 kW, which totals to ₹70,000 (~$970). For all systems with a capacity 10 kW, the subsidy provided is 60% (@40% for 3 kW and 20% for the balance of 7 kW), which adds to ₹130,000 (~$1,802). However, MNRE has not provided any subsides to installations of above 10 kW capacity. The growth in the residential rooftop solar segment has been slow, and to address this, the MNRE recently issued operational guidelines to implement the second phase of its grid-connected rooftop solar photovoltaic program.
|What Is Open Access Electricity?|
|Types Of Solar Roof-top Business Model- CAPEX & OPEX/RESCO|
|How Many Units of Electricity Does a 1 kW Solar Power Plant Generate in a Day? In a year?|
|What is net metering?|
|Advantages of Rooftop Solar Systems|
|MONO PERC solar cells|
|Limited Time Solar Subsidy in Delhi for Non-Profit Institutes/Organizations & Homeowners|